Did you know that the new moon is the perfect time for reflection and intention setting?
Tapping into the Moon’s phases means connecting to the energy of openness, healing, renewal, intuition and wisdom. Connecting with these phases of the Moon can bring awareness to any rhythms and patterns you have within your body, mind, heart and spirit.
This Sunday, the 15th of October 2023 is the next new moon so I thought now would be the perfect time to share some of my favourite new moon rituals and some journaling prompts with you.
Harnessing the energy of the moon and working with it can help you to make your practices so much more potent and feel very aligned with the energy of the collective. The new moon is dark and seen as somewhat empty - it is the perfect time to plant any seeds that you want to see grow.
One of my favourite rituals to do each new moon is to take some time to reflect, gain clarity and set intentions for the upcoming month in my journal. Having this clarity makes it so much easier to navigate the following month and feel really good about what I choose to do and also what I choose not to do.
Here are some of my tips:
- Create a high vibe space: Make sure you are somewhere quiet that makes you feel peaceful, light a candle, put on a diffuser, play some music - whatever makes you feel comfortable, at peace and in a good mindset.
- Start by reflecting: Think about the month that has just passed, here are some reflection prompts for you:
- What has been the most present emotion for you this past month?
- What have you achieved this month? What are you proud of yourself for?
- What made you feel triggered/ or upset? Why?
- Is there anything you would change?
- What were your intentions for the month that has just passed - did you stick to them or did they shift? Why?
- Let go of any energy you no longer want: Is there anything from the previous month or past in general that you have held onto that you want to let go? Write yourself a letter to help you let go of any energy that you are still holding onto. If it’s safe you can burn this letter.
- Use a smudge stick to help cleanse yourself and your space: Burning a smudge stick and cleansing yourself with smoke is a beautiful ritual that can help you to cleanse your energy (Remember to make sure that your space is okay to burn something in and have a window or door open).
- Set clear intentions for the next month: Here are some of my favourite journal prompts to set intentions:
- What do I want to manifest into my life in this next lunar cycle?
- What areas of my life need healing or transformation right now?
- Where do I want to focus my energy over the next month?
- How do I want to show up everyday?
- What will make me feel successful this month?
- How do I want to feel every day?
- What relationships do I want to strengthen in my life?
- How can I align my actions with my values and purpose?
- Gratitude: Gratitude is the highest possible vibration you can be in. When you are grateful for what you have, you will naturally manifest and attract more. I love to end my rituals with a gratitude practice - whether it is writing a list of what I am grateful for or doing a meditation to sit in the feeling. I highly recommend ending your rituals with gratitude so that you can maintain a high vibe.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of it and if you have any rituals you love to practise with the new moon. We chat about this all the time in our facebook community which you can join here.
If you are after a journal to keep all of your thoughts in and use in your new moon practice then you will love our Life Happens For Me Manifestation Journal. It has an incredible prompts glossary, my entire 10-step manifesting formula and so many more activities to help inspire and expand you. It also has plenty of blank pages so that you can use it for whatever feels good.