Do you feel like the connections in your life are deep & meaningful?
Having deep connections in our life is so important, everyone needs a safe place to share their thoughts, feelings and dreams. You have the power to create this with your friends, family, partners and loved ones.
Building relationships with people that fill up your cup and expand you can make such a difference to your life. After all, you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with so it is important to make sure that those connections are helping you evolve.
There are countless reasons why deep conversations are important but here are some of the reasons I prioritise having deep connections with those around me:
Some of the biggest differences I’ve seen in my life since making an effort to have deeper conversations have been:
- A better relationship with my husband. Since beginning his self-development journey, Tim and I’s conversation have reached a whole new level. Being able to easily have such deep and vulnerable conversations but still have fun together has been life changing.
- I understand those around me better. Having deep and meaningful conversations has strengthened my relationships and allowed me to see where others are coming from. This has been game changing for me both at work and in my personal life.
- Having difficult conversations is easier. I feel safe in my relationships to be able to have those uncomfortable conversations before anger or resentment builds up.
- It has helped me grow. Having these deep conversations with others whether they are close friends or strangers has helped open my eyes to so many different perspectives and experiences.
If you want to start having deeper conversations with those around you, here are some conversation starters to get you started:
- What are your biggest dreams and aspirations in life?
- What is your most cherished childhood memory?
- What are your fears and insecurities, and how do they impact you?
- What do you think is the meaning of life, and how has your perspective evolved over the years?
- How do you envision your future?
- What is something you've always wanted to learn or try, but haven't had the chance to?
- Tell me about a challenging experience you've faced and what you learned from it.
We’ve also shared quite a few conversation starters on our instagram which you can look at here.
Remember that deep conversations require patience, active listening, and vulnerability. It's essential to create a safe and non-judgmental space so that you can be open with each other.
If you want to start having deeper conversations with those around you then you will love our connection card deck. It has incredible deep conversation prompts that you can use in conversations or on your own for journalling. Shop them here.